Concepts and vocabulary | BUILDINGS AND CONSTRUCTIONS
Buildings and Constructions
AGE GROUP: 4+
The current volume of the series “Concepts and vocabulary” entitled “Concepts and vocabulary | BUILDINGS AND CONSTRUCTIONS” comprises, in total, 296 pages: a brief theoretical part and 288 pages of exercises with activities of increasing difficulty, divided into seven levels to develop step by step receptive and expressive language. The objective of the series of e-books lies in the enriching of vocabulary and the deeper exploration of concepts. Each volume presents twenty different concepts.
The development of vocabulary is important for:
- cognitive development,
- oral language comprehension and the reinforcement of communication skills,
- the improvement of reading and decoding skills,
- the comprehension of a text/written language.
The stages of development of concepts and the expansion of the lexicon are the following:
- Evaluation pages / Skill evaluation: this chapter includes evaluation pages for receptive language* and expressive language** (evaluation grid and test pages).
- Choice of a concept: this chapter is dedicated to the choice of the concept to work on, adapted to the child’s age.
- Examples of the concept: this chapter includes numerous activities that lead to understanding of the concept being worked on.
- Following instructions: this chapter includes numerous instructions that enable the understanding and spontaneous use of the concept.
- Closed questions: this chapter includes numerous closed questions that lead to the comprehension and spontaneous use of the concept.
- Expression of the concept: this chapter includes expression activities (expressive language) that help the child start to identify the target concept and use it in a spontaneous and autonomous manner.
- Definition and expansion: this chapter includes activities encouraging concept definition and increased vocabulary. When the child understands the concept and is able to identify it, he/she is asked to define it and develop his/her vocabulary.
Type: 1 pdf File
Size: 13.5 MB
Number of pages: 296
Author: Alice Kassotaki - Speech Language Pathologist MSc, BSc
Translation & Proofreading: Meghan R. Ogden
Readable on: PC / Mac, Tablet PCs, E-Readers
You may also be interested in the eBook "Concepts and vocabulary | PROFESSIONS".