Improving Social Skills | PRACTICAL STRATEGIES
Digital file PDF
Improving Social Skills
AGE GROUP: 5+
The development of social skills is important for children and adolescents in order to be successful in school and beyond. The e-book Improving Social Skills | PRACTICAL STRATEGIES demonstrates the challenges and difficulties that arise from a deficit of these crucial skills, as well as the benefits and advantages that can come about with well-developed social skills.
The e-book provides practical tools that teachers and therapists can employ to guide children to overcome their difficulties in the social realm and gain social competence. While there are hundreds of important social skills for students to learn, we can organize them into skill areas to make it easier to identify and determine appropriate interventions.
The e-book is divided into 10 chapters, each detailing various aspects of social skills that children, teens, and adults must master to have normative, healthy relationships with the people they encounter every day.
- Identify various social skills necessary for children to be socially competent
- List four reasons why social skills are essential to a person’s emotional development
- Identify strategies to help children develop social skills
- List learning disabilities that can impair a child’s ability to develop age-appropriate social skills
- Name ways in which executive functioning impacts the expression of social skills
- Identify interventions for increasing social skills in seven key areas
Type: 1 pdf File
Size: 13.5 MB
Number of pages: 91
Author: Adina Soclof, MS, CCC-SLP
Readable on: PC / Mac, Tablet PCs, E-Readers