155 Pre-Writing Skills Activities
Age Group : 4+
The book 155 Pre-Writing Skills Activities is ideal for initiating the child into the school world. The journey of the child to learning should start with the development of pre-writing skills in the nursery. The objective of this book is to teach the child how to grip and use the pencil correctly.
There are two sections with practice activities. The first one is interactive, with exercises for the development of fine and gross motor skills. These skills are necessary for increasing muscle control in the hands, handling upper extremities, developing tactile and visual perception, and achieving bilateral co-ordination and smooth arm–hand functioning.
The second section comprises activities (worksheets) to improve fine motor skills, thus allowing the child to draw, colour, copy, and write. Developing these skills is crucial in early learning.
Each activity is accompanied by useful tips that should help achieve the set goals in the long term.
Undoubtedly, your child will love these activities. They will help them develop fundamental pre-writing skills correctly and methodically. What better way to initiate the child into the world of pre-school education than teaching these skills?
You may also be interested in the book « Developing graphophonological awareness ».
- Definition of Pre-Writing Skills
- Importance of Pre-Writing Skills
- Structural Elements for the Development of Writing Skills
- Signs of Handwriting Motor Skills Difficulties
- Expected Pre-Writing Requirements
- Steps for Improving Pre-Writing Skills / Objective
- Activities for Improving Pre-Writing Skills / Game
- Stages of Grip Development
- Development of Fine Motor Skills
- Development of Gross Motor Skills
- The Building Blocks of Writing
Part A – 44 Activities for a Correct Pencil Grip
Part B – 111 Worksheets for Introducing Children to Writing
- Drawing Horizontal Lines
- Drawing Vertical Lines
- Drawing Circles
- Drawing Crosses
- Drawing Oblique Lines
- Drawing Squares
- Drawing Oblique Crosses
- Drawing Triangles
- Using Scissors
Type: Paper or PDF file
Number of pages: 175
Author: Collective Work – Upbility
Translation & Proofreading: Rigli Maria