PICTURE CARDS | Fact or Opinion
Digital file PDF
Fact or Opinion
Age: 6 years and over
This e-book is a structured methodology for developing critical thinking in a pleasant and creative manner. Critical thinking is a mental and emotional function allowing us to evaluate all available information and decide what to do or think by reasoning on it.
This is a 153-page e-book with some brief theoretical background, 20 picture cards about the notions of opinion and fact, 60 picture cards for the choice of the appropriate answer (fact – opinion) and 57 activity worksheets, of varying degrees of difficulty, allowing the generalization and the written presentation of these ideas (written language).
Critical thinking is a mental and emotional function allowing us to evaluate all available information and decide what to do or think by reasoning on it.
The book provides activities for developing all six critical thinking skills:
- Knowledge: recalling information
- Understanding: translating or interpreting information
- Application: applying knowledge to a new situation
- Analysis: breaking down information into smaller parts and finding the relationship between them
- Synthesis: compiling component ideas into a new whole and building a network of relations for the new situations
- Evaluation: the ability to evaluate, to assess the value and the adequacy of both the information and the methods used for a specific purpose
Type: 1 pdf File
Size: 8 MB
Number of pages: 153
Author: Alice Kassotaki - Speech Language Pathologist MSc, BSc
Translation & Proofreading: Maria Rigli
Readable on: PC / Mac, Tablet PCs, E-Readers