AGE GROUP: 4+
The current volume of the series “Concepts and vocabulary,” entitled “Hobbies,” comprises, in total, 300 pages: a brief theoretical part and 292 pages of exercises with activities of increasing difficulty, divided into seven levels to develop step by step receptive and expressive language. The objective of the series of e-books lies in the enriching of vocabulary and the deeper exploration of concepts. Each volume presents twenty different concepts.
The development of vocabulary is important:
-for cognitive development,
-for the comprehension of spoken language and the strengthening of communication abilities,
-for the improvement of reading and decoding abilities,
-for the comprehension of a text / of written language.
The stages of development of concepts and the expansion of the lexicon are the following:
- Evaluation forms / Assessment of competence: this chapter consists of evaluation pages for receptive* and expressive** language (evaluation table and test pages).
- Choice of a concept: this chapter is devoted to the choice of a concept to work on, adapted to the age of the child.
- Examples of the concept: this chapter contains several activities to lead to the comprehension of the concept on which we are working.
- Further instructions: this chapter contains several further instructions that allow for the comprehension and spontaneous use of the concept.
- Closing questions: this chapter contains several closing questions that allow for the comprehension and spontaneous use of the concept.
- Definition and expansion: this chapter contains activities that allow for defining the concept and expanding vocabulary. When the child is able to understand the concept and able to name it, he or she is asked to define it, and, with this, to develop his or her vocabulary.
- Expression of the concept: this chapter contains activities for expression (expressive language) so that the child can begin to name to target concept, to use it in a spontaneous and autonomous way.
Type: 1 pdf File
Size: 13.3 MB
Number of pages: 300
Author: Alice Kassotaki - Speech Language Pathologist MSc, BSc
Translation & Proofreading: Kristen Stone
Readable on: PC / Mac, Tablet PCs, E-Readers
For the purpose of protecting intellectual property rights, each eBook is sealed with the buyer’s email and a corresponding entry is made in the Register of Rights of Use.