Assessment Test | 3–4 years
Age Group : 3–4 years
The book comprises a theoretical background, a user guide, test administration guidelines, and checklists.
The Receptive and Expressive Language Skills Tests of this book are informal. They are not a standardized assessment method. Nevertheless, it is necessary to be conscientious when interpreting the results because this process will determine the intervention strategies that should be followed. The correct interpretation of the results requires testers’ good theoretical background and, at the same time, the use of other clinical information. The Language Skills Assessment Test | 3–4 years is available only for professionals (speech-language pathologists).
Receptive language denotes the ability to understand information. It involves understanding the meaning of words and sentences in oral and written language.
The book comprises question activities testing the receptive language skills of children. To assess children’s performance, you ask them to point to the correct answer to each question. Verbal communication is not necessary here.
There are also expressive language activities. Expressive language skills involve the ability to label objects in the environment, describe actions and events, form sentences by putting words together, use morphosyntactic structures, answer questions, and tell or retell a story. To assess learners’ performance, you ask them to tell/utter the correct answer. Verbal communication is necessary.
You may also be interested in the book "LANGUAGE SKILLS ASSESSMENT TEST | 4–5 years".
- Receptive Language — Understanding Language Skills
- Receptive Language Difficulties
- Symptoms of Receptive Language Disorders
- Causes of Receptive Language Disorders
- Diagnosis of Receptive Language Disorders
- Treatment for Receptive Language Disorders
- Expressive Language — Use of Language Skills
- Expressive Language Difficulties
- Symptoms of Expressive Language Disorders
- Language Skill Areas
- Language Developmental Milestones 0–4 years
- Table of Receptive Language Skills
- Table of Expressive Language Skills
- Assessment Form
- Pragmatic Language Profile of the Child
- Checklist 1
- Checklist 2
- Test Administration Guidelines
- Scoring Instructions
Type: Paper or PDF file
Number of pages: 71
Author: Alice Kassotaki - Speech Language Pathologist MSc, BSc
Translation & Proofreading: Rigli Maria