Social Situations – Emotions
Promote your child's socio-emotional skills with this flash card book by author Aliki Kassotaki - Speech Therapist MSc, BSc.
The 30 emotional scenarios presented in this book can help children identify and express their emotions in various situations. Socio-emotional skills help children:
◦ make friends and maintain friendships
◦ boost self-confidence
◦ resolve conflicts
◦ manage stress
◦ learn social rules
◦ make fitting decisions
◦ deal with negative social pressure
◦ gain awareness of what others are feeling.
Once we identify our own emotions, we can then understand and express our concerns more clearly to our friends.
Recognizing feelings or understanding our own or another person’s emotions can be a real challenge.
Learning to identify emotions, however, is very important. When we can put a name to our own emotions, we gain better self-regulation and self-management skills. Recognizing other people’s emotions can help children develop empathy and kindness towards others and create more meaningful social connections.
You may also be interested in the book "Social Situations – Consequences | Flip Card Series".
30 different social situation scenarios:
1. My grandmother is sick
2. A car accident
3. I made a new friend
4. My parents don't let me watch TV
5. Tomorrow is my birthday party
6. An uninvited guest
7. I can hear strange noises
8. I have an exam at school tomorrow
9. Mom came home from the maternity ward
10. My bike got a flat tire
11. I got a pet
12. I broke something
13. I don't know how to swim
14. My brother was injured
15. My dog is sick
16. I'm getting ready for a trip
17. My dad got fired
18. I missed the school bus
19. A bad dream woke me up
20. We collected the trash
21. I aced my exam
22. I lost my favorite teddy bear
23. Mom made my favorite dish
24. A heavy storm
25. I went for a walk with my dad
26. I wet my bed
27. I fed the ducks in the park
28. Time for a fairy tale
29. It’s bath time
30. I'm sick
Type: Paper or PDF file
Number of pages: 42
Author: Alice Kassotaki - Speech Language Pathologist MSc, BSc