Let's read and travel
The book “Let's read and travel | Valparaíso” has been specially designed to enhance children’s reading skills through a wide range of strategies such as vertical reading, graphic organizers, and questions. The children learn new vocabulary and understand the meaning of figurative speech.
Lydia’s wonderful adventures take the children to a different world, where they become acquainted with the culture and the lifestyle of the residents in Valparaíso. With this beautiful journey as their incentive, the children happily read the texts and practice reading comprehension in order to achieve reading fluency with the help of specially chosen methods.
Help the children improve their reading skills through a magnificent journey to the alluring Valparaíso!
You may also be interested in the book "Written Language Production | PARAGRAPH STRUCTURE".
- My Journey – Lydia describes her seven-day stay in the magical Valparaíso, in Chile
- Reading Comprehension – Worksheets using special methods and strategies such as vertical reading, questions, and a graphic organizer
- Reading Fluency – Worksheets using methods and strategies such as repeated reading and listening-while-reading
- Vocabulary – Worksheets to enrich vocabulary, semantics and pragmatics
- Memory – Worksheets for short-term visual and auditory sequential memory and working memory
- Knowledge – Worksheets for description, narration and expressing ideas in writing
Type: Paper or PDF file
Number of pages: 142
Author: Alice Kassotaki - Speech Language Pathologist MSc, BSc