Concepts and vocabulary | WEATHER AND NATURAL PHENOMENA
Weather and Natural Phenomena
AGE GROUP: 4+
The current volume of the series “Concepts and Vocabulary” titled “Concepts and vocabulary | WEATHER AND NATURAL PHENOMENA” includes a total of 303 pages: a brief theoretical section and 295 pages of exercises of increasing difficulty, divided into seven levels to progressively develop receptive language and expressive language. The goal of this eBook series rests in enriching vocabulary and developing concepts. Each volume presents twenty different concepts.
The development of vocabulary is important for:
- cognitive development,
- oral language comprehension and the reinforcement of communication skills,
- the improvement of reading and decoding skills,
- the comprehension of a text/written language.
- Evaluation pages / Skill evaluation: this chapter includes evaluation pages for receptive language* and expressive language** (evaluation grid and test pages).
- Choice of a concept: this chapter is dedicated to the choice of the concept to work on, adapted to the child’s age.
- Examples of the concept: this chapter includes numerous activities that lead to understanding of the concept being worked on.
- Following instructions: this chapter includes numerous instructions that enable the understanding and spontaneous use of the concept.
- Closed questions: this chapter includes numerous closed questions that lead to the comprehension and spontaneous use of the concept.
- Expression of the concept: this chapter includes expression activities (expressive language) that help the child start to identify the target concept and use it in a spontaneous and autonomous manner.
- Definition and expansion: this chapter includes activities encouraging concept definition and increased vocabulary. When the child understands the concept and is able to identify it, he/she is asked to define it and develop his/her vocabulary.
Type: 1 pdf File
Size: 12.2 MB
Number of pages: 303
Author: Alice Kassotaki - Speech Language Pathologist MSc, BSc
Translation & Proofreading: Kristen Stone
Readable on: PC / Mac, Tablet PCs, E-Readers